Thursday, May 19, 2011

Letter for MSPM students

Dear Pastor,


It’s more than a year that we have not met. Not only due to my health condition but also with the change of leadership in the Convention Baptist Ministers Association (CBMA) and Convention of Philippine Baptist Churches (CPBC). Having been inactive, I am no longer acquainted with the direction and priorities of both organizations. But this is just a temporary set back. With the slow but sure healing process, it won’t be long and, by the grace of God, I will resume my commitment to the full.

The scene during the most critical moment in my life has already been embedded in my mind. When I was about to make the last breath, my final thought was: "Not now, Lord...please...because of my family, the CBMA, and there are many evil to fight still." God might have heard my last appeal and searched my heart that He made me survive. The long and painful process of recovery has become a purging process to me and almost daily I experience healing inside. With this development, I become optimistic to receive the total healing soon.

And with the initial physical healing, I have started to fulfill my commitment to God for my family in the last months. I feel the time has come for me to move the next level and do the last later. Having learned from experience, I want to move slower this time. Hence, I will focus first on the Master of Social Pastoral Ministries (MSPM). Our priority is to have all those who started the program complete the requirements. At the same time, train those who have graduated either to assist or handle another batch who signify their interest to avail of the program. Our target is to expand to other evangelical groups and the lay leaders.

It is in this connection that I would like to invite you to a reunion meeting and seminar on May 30, 2011, 9:00 am- 3:00 pm at Central Philippine University. The University Outreach Center will sponsor the seminar, as culminating outreach activity of Dr. Melvin M. Mangana for the pastors. Our newly formed Learning Institute for the Fullness of life and Empowerment (LIFE), Inc. will co sponsor the activity. We will take charge of the food and lodging when necessary. Your counterpart is the transportation expenses.

Please confirm attendance not later than May 27. God bless you.


In the service,



(Sgd)EDWIN I. LARIZA

No comments:

Post a Comment